Advent/September Intake – Full-time Main/Mukono, Kampala, and Bishop Barham University campuses
Applicants for this Programme need:
• At least a bachelor degree from an accredited university with a specialty in one of these areas: social work and social administration, sociology, psychology, counseling, health (nursing, physician, etc.), education, nutrition, domestic science, religious and ministerial studies, environment, economics, political science, development studies, management-related course;
• Two years of work experience with computer and English competency;
• Prior research experience;
• Physical fitness for field work;
• and must complete a Faculty interview.
Two-years, with maximum of four years to complete
The Master of Social Work Programme in the Social Science Faculty will provide knowledge and skills related to resolution of issues such as relational tensions, domestic violence, mental challenges, child abuse and neglect, gender inequality and socio-economic stresses. Multi-disciplinary approaches are emphasized in lectures, individualized study, and hands-on experiences. The Programme includes fieldwork experience with comprehensive written report and research dissertation
Topic content in the courses for this Programme includes mental health, social gerontology, substance abuse, health care systems (rural, urban and international), gender development, social welfare and policy analysis, legal systems and social work practice, research, among others.
At the end of the Programme, graduates will work in health centers, civil society organizations and others as policy makers, researchers, social welfare workers, policy analysts and administrators and advocates for human rights and social justice.