The goal of counselling services is to provide an atmosphere where healing for the whole person can take place be it relational, spiritual, emotional or psychological.
Counselling services are available to all in the UCU community through the Counselling Services Department. Individual and family counselling is available for students and staff members. The Counselling services department also trains dozens of staff and students each semester to be para-counsellors; carrying out special workshops for singles, married couples as well as parents.
Going to university is for many the beginning of a career path to new dreams and hopes. And that is why the University Counselling Service is there for you; to walk with you. It is not about problems. It is about life; about you.
The Counselling Department presently has two full-time counsellors:
The Counselling Office is situated between the Allan Galpin Clinic and the computer labsbehind the Maari block. They are open between 9:00am and 5:00pm every week-day with a one hour break for lunch: 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
The office also trains several peer counsellors every year to meet the growing need for counselling support. These are students who live in the halls of residence both on and off campus. They are available and easily accessible by the student body most of the day.
Services available to students and staff through the counselling services:
- Public discussion on topics of concern to students and staff
- Individual Counselling - Counseling office is accessible with or without appointment
- Training in Peer Counseling
- Counselling Library stocked with resources on various counselling issues: Relationships, managing various disorders, stress, anxiety, depression, anger, fear, family and marriage issues and much more.
- Various workshops and seminars for staff and students
Univ. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 078 226 1359
Internal telephone extension: 849